I've been meaning to write the post for awhile & will add on Instagram for that matter. Why are these tools so great when traveling? Let me tell you several great reasons.
- Pre-travel research has been made much more interactive. When googling certain places, you can also check out their social media feeds to find non-stock photos and (if they're smart) real images from recent guests!
- Geo-tags are phenomenal to find inspiration for activities, locations & trips as well.
- Hotels & airlines are embracing these as customer service channels and instead of sitting on a phone call angrily for 30 minutes, you can simply tweet them for assistance! A real life-saver.
- Finding great deals on social media! Many hospitality industry social channels are still figuring out how to prove these channels are worth monitoring constantly, so the offer deals only found via these channels -why not take advantage!
- Tips, tips, tips. I frequently follow not only hotel & airlines I'm using, but their convention bureaus to find out about new activities & events
What other reasons do you use social media when traveling for?