Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And the job search continues... On to the next advertising agency.

In the past few days, I have learned a LOT about job searching, interviewing, preparation and execution of the interview. Obviously finding a job, especially one that you are passionate about doesn't always seem to be the easiest thing in the world, but if you open your ears and pay attention to people's advice about where to look, what to do, and how they did it... It can make things a lot easier.

I have begun the job search, making searching for a job my day job- even though I still have social media work to do part-time. I have starting looking at every website I can think of, bugging all sorts of people about what they have heard, searching for my passions as well as any entry level position. I have had a few very informative informational interviews where I received information about the company, an idea of what a day in the life is, as well as general information about even MORE things I could be doing to find a job... I've taken away the fact that I need to get creative (I guess I could do more) politely ask as many people as possible about jobs, their ideas for help, as well as scour the web for any and every job!

I have only just started searching, and I'm actually very excited about what the future holds for me (as well as other entry-level graduates!). We really do have our whole lives ahead of us, and while I would love a job that I could immediately be passionate about (social media :) perhaps?) I would be able to be just as passionate about the fact that I have A job.

The search is on, the road is winding, but I'm looking forward to anything that comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment